victorie, biruinţă, izbândă
Noun(1) a successful ending of a struggle or contest
(1) he secured victory in the election(2) The repeal of the boycott last week is only a small victory in a battle that is not yet over.(3) they swept to victory over England(4) they won their heat and went on to victory in the final(5) Their victory narrowed the gap at the top to just two points instead of being eight behind.(6) an election victory(7) a victory celebration(8) We supposedly go in as underdogs but if we win on French soil it will be a great victory for the club.(9) Both sides came out hoping the seal victory but again there was a long hard battle ahead.(10) We had to get a victory somewhere and there was nowhere better than with this game.(11) Its creation marked a victory for the war party over the peace party led by the Earl of Essex.(12) After all, British films are capable of scoring multiple nominations and victories .(13) Graf was having the year of her career and was on the way to four Grand Slam victories and Olympic gold.(14) The first phase of the war ended with victories beyond Japanese expectations.(15) Black Tom Fairfax was the famous general who led his armies to tremendous victories in the Civil War.(16) Her determination brought its reward with a number of junior tournament victories .
(1) landslide victory :: victorie răsunătoare
(2) certain victory :: o victorie sigură
(3) win a victory :: repurta o victorie
(4) great victory :: mare victorie
1. success ::
3. conquest ::
4. win ::
5. favorable result ::
6. landslide ::
alunecare de teren
7. coup ::
8. mastery ::
9. superiority ::
10. supremacy ::
11. walkover ::
1. beating ::
2. defeat ::
3. licking ::
4. loss ::
5. overthrow ::
6. rout ::
7. whipping ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And now I'm doing
a VICTORY dance.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 9
she shows up at my door
flush with the thrill of VICTORY,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 8
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
We march to VICTORY, or we march to defeat,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
I wouldn't let you wave your blunders
around like a VICTORY flag.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
English to Romanian Dictionary: victory
Meaning and definitions of victory, translation in Romanian language for victory with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of victory in Romanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "victory"
What victory means in Romanian, victory meaning in Romanian, victory definition, examples and pronunciation of victory in Romanian language.