Noun(1) the phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid(2) something that slows or delays progress(3) something tedious and boring(4) clothing that is conventionally worn by the opposite sex (especially women's clothing when worn by a man(5) a slow inhalation (as of tobacco smoke(6) the act of dragging (pulling with force
Verb(1) pull, as against a resistance(2) draw slowly or heavily(3) force into some kind of situation, condition, or course of action(4) move slowly and as if with great effort(5) to lag or linger behind(6) suck in or take (air(7) use a computer mouse to move icons on the screen and select commands from a menu(8) walk without lifting the feet(9) search (as the bottom of a body of water(10) persuade to come away from something attractive or interesting(11) proceed for an extended period of time
(1) I think I mentioned the coffee advert here with the women in suit drag .(2) She took a deep drag of her cigarette before blowing the filthy smoke toward Manda's face.(3) he took a long drag on his cigarette(4) You might think that's a drag , but it's not really.(5) working nine to five can be a drag(6) Larry was turning out to be a drag on her career(7) a fashion show, complete with men in drag(8) Make sure multiplier drag washers have been fully cleaned and give line freely without snatching.(9) Some of them no doubt wonder whether we are the sort of parents who drag their children from one important cultural event to another, no matter how bored they are.(10) But shopping with your mom doesn't have to be a total drag .(11) I worked with an English fellow a few years back who, in the midst of a Brisbane summer, told me he found the repeatedly brilliant blue skies and fine weather a real drag .(12) Reduce aerodynamic drag and enhance fuel economy by keeping less weight on the front area of the car.(13) Has there been any attempt on the part of the drag or bloodhound to devise a new form of the sport that might suit people that are not used to hunting in any way?(14) Soon politics will no longer be a boring drag and life could get very regal in the Aras.(15) Larry mentioned this year that he almost always has to build the roof for the missions, which I guess is a drag because they are complicated.(16) Even if the sentence is reduced on appeal, he still seems certain to miss the competition as his lawyers and those of his club continue to drag the process out .
(1) drag and drop :: tragere și plasare
(2) to drag :: a trage
(3) drag on :: balaur
(4) drag out :: trage
(5) drag down :: trage in jos
(6) drag queen :: travestit
(7) drag racing :: curse de drag
(8) drag race :: cursă de viteză
(9) drag over :: trage peste
(10) drag along :: lâncezi
1. pull ::
2. bore ::
3. haul ::
4. become tedious ::
5. dredge ::
6. drop back ::
7. draw ::
8. scuff ::
9. drag out ::
10. tangle ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You finally show me something I care about,
and then you DRAG me away.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 2
Are you gonna dress in DRAG
in front of your fiancée?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
You take me for some back-alley Sally
you can DRAG into a...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
Unless they're yours,
then they're a DRAG.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
Why do you DRAG me into matters
which have nothing to do with me...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
English to Romanian Dictionary: drag
Meaning and definitions of drag, translation in Romanian
language for drag with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of drag in Romanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'drag'
What drag means in Romanian, drag meaning
in Romanian, drag
definition, examples and pronunciation
of drag in Romanian language.