teren, ţară, pământ, uscat, sol, ţinut, meleaguri, moşie, proprietate funciară, glie, resurse naturale, faţetă de ghidare, bogăţii naturaleateriza, debarca, ajunge, acosta, cădea, băga, ancora, face escală, sosi, se pomeni, ajunge la potou, pune mâna pe, captura, prinde şi aduce la ţărmfunciar
terena aterizatlanderaterizarefără pământterenurispre coastăspre coastă
Noun(1) the land on which real estate is located(2) material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use(3) territory over which rule or control is exercised(4) the solid part of the earth's surface(5) the territory occupied by a nation(6) a domain in which something is dominant(7) extensive landed property (especially in the country(8) the people who live in a nation or country(9) a politically organized body of people under a single government(10) United States inventor who incorporated Polaroid film into lenses and invented the one step photographic process (1909-1991(11) agriculture considered as an occupation or way of life
Verb(1) reach or come to rest(2) cause to come to the ground(3) bring into a different state(4) bring ashore(5) deliver (a blow(6) arrive on shore(7) shoot at and force to come down
(1) The melting of sea ice and glaciers on land make surface waters fresher than they are now.(2) In using them, we work outside the realm of right and wrong, and within the land of cause and effect.(3) Most sharks are simply not tuned in to eating land mammals.(4) America, the land of political equality(5) Once a person reaches this level of isolation, it is hard to come back to the land of sanity.(6) this is my land(7) The report says the amount of contaminants in land mammals such as musk ox and reindeer is still low.(8) The other important role for the Navy in Asia is to project land forces ashore.(9) Equally at home in water or on land , the Newfoundland was large enough to pull in a drowning man or to break the ice to retrieve him.(10) Seismic waves are detected by instruments known as geophones when used on land or hydrophones in water.(11) unrest is spreading throughout the land(12) Who but one transported by fame into fantasy land could think it?(13) after four weeks at sea we sighted land(14) We're amphibians, living part of our lives in the water and part on land .(15) Publishers would have to take account of the law of every land on Earth.(16) you are living in a fantasy land
(1) fallow land :: pârloagele
(2) on land :: pe teren
(3) flat land :: teren plat
(4) arable land :: teren arabil
(5) land use :: utilizarea terenurilor
(6) land area :: zona de aterizare
(7) native land :: țară natală
(8) land on :: a ateriza pe
(9) dry land :: teren uscat
(10) promised land :: teren promis
2. soil ::
3. the countryside ::
4. country ::
5. terra firma ::
6. nation ::
7. body politic ::
8. state ::
9. realm ::
10. demesne ::
11. farming ::
12. disembark ::
13. dock ::
15. perch ::
16. obtain ::
17. bring ::
18. inflict ::
20. shore ::
22. shoot down ::
trage în jos
land, landed, lander, landless, lands, landward, landwards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Lord, you knew
about that LAND.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
Perhaps three-dimensional Candy Land
would be more your speed.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
The Northerners know more about their LAND
than we ever will.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
If the birds do not return,
there is LAND.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 2
It's good LAND, and there's no war up here.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
English to Romanian Dictionary: land
Meaning and definitions of land, translation in Romanian
language for land with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of land in Romanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'land'
What land means in Romanian, land meaning
in Romanian, land
definition, examples and pronunciation
of land in Romanian language.