măsură, dimensiuni, dimensiune, mărime, întindere, unitate de măsură, proporţie, proporţii, capacitate, volum, putere, forţămăsura, evalua, aprecia, stabili, cântări, lua măsură, cumpăni, face o măsurătoare, a-şi măsura
Noun(1) any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal(2) how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify(3) a statute in draft before it becomes law(4) the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule(5) a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated(6) (prosody(7) musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats(8) measuring instrument having a sequence of marks at regular intervals; used as a reference in making measurements(9) a container of some standard capacity that is used to obtain fixed amounts of a substance
Verb(1) determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of(2) express as a number or measure or quantity(3) have certain dimensions(4) evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
(1) The paper editions measure approximately 24 by 34 inches and the canvas editions measure 40 by 55 inches.(2) For one test, a device called a reflectometer is used to measure the degree of whiteness in processed tuber samples destined to become chips.(3) I am going to measure you and then recommend a bra size.(4) the Senate passed the measure by a 48├ö├ç├┤30 vote(5) it was a measure of the team's problems that they were still working after 2 a.m.(6) The units will also measure electromagnetic fields from other sources, such as radio and TV.(7) the full measure of support(8) as an emergency measure(9) Critics of the measure worry that the bill will depress the price of US labour in the tech sector.(10) it is hard to measure teaching ability(11) the growth of towns was in large measure the result of employment(12) It would at least have given a clear measure of the extent of anti-agreement sentiment in the unionist community.(13) now tread we a measure!(14) Mareen came in with two palace tailors to measure me for the wedding.(15) The birds twitter, the horn calls back, the mountain folk dance a droll measure , and all's right with the Alpine world.(16) By the late 70s he had achieved a measure of fame.
(1) tape measure :: ruletă
(2) to measure :: a masura
(3) unit of measure :: unitate de măsură
(4) measure up :: măsura până
(5) beyond measure :: peste masura
(6) made to measure :: făcut pe măsură
(7) measure out :: a masura
(8) precautionary measure :: masura de precautie
(9) measure word :: măsură cuvânt
(10) safety measure :: măsuri de siguranță
1. action ::
2. statute ::
3. system ::
4. quantity ::
5. a certain amount ::
o anumită sumă
6. yardstick ::
unitate de măsură
7. measurement ::
8. criterion ::
9. cadence ::
10. measuring stick ::
stick de măsurare
11. bar ::
12. step ::
13. bill ::
14. calculate ::
15. compare with ::
16. assess ::
17. measure out ::
18. quantify ::
measure, measured, measureless, measurement, measurements, measures, measuring
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And, honestly, I believe
it’s a very unfair MEASURE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
Your first date? What...
Did you even MEASURE her walls?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
(tape MEASURE retracting)
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
And I wanted to see you in person,
get the MEASURE of you.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
How exactly would one MEASURE
a sense of humor?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
English to Romanian Dictionary: measure
Meaning and definitions of measure, translation in Romanian
language for measure with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of measure in Romanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'measure'
What measure means in Romanian, measure meaning
in Romanian, measure
definition, examples and pronunciation
of measure in Romanian language.