înghiţi, sorbi, vârî pe gât, a-şi retrage cuvintelerândunică, înghiţitură, gât, gâtlej, beregată, duşcă
a inghitiînghițitela înghițirerândunici
Noun(1) a small amount of liquid food(2) the act of swallowing(3) small long-winged songbird noted for swift graceful flight and the regularity of its migrations
Verb(1) pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking(2) engulf and destroy(3) enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing(4) utter indistinctly(5) take back what one has said(6) keep from expressing(7) tolerate or accommodate oneself to(8) believe or accept without questioning or challenge
(1) He's one of those men who swallow their feelings for the sake of a quiet life and it makes them fat.(2) This statement has the virtue of being true, even if it is a truth that will be hard to swallow for Labour's election campaign managers.(3) I take a swallow of my margarita and get ready to ask her one more time if I can see it.(4) Alex sighed, then downed his drink in one swallow and returned for another one.(5) He took a huge gulp of milk to swallow the food down faster.(6) Though players at other positions can hide from the media, the quarterback must face all the questions and swallow the criticism.(7) A swallow of the whiskey caused a flush to rise again to Alex's face as he added the names of the survivors to the recording.(8) In normal persons, swallowing is initiated promptly, and no significant amount of material is retained after a swallow .(9) Your baby won't know how to swallow food at this stage, but with luck some of the food will slide down your baby's throat.(10) The crook-Conservatives lie to the idiot-conservatives who swallow the lies hook, line and sinker.(11) All semblance of evil were slowly drained away as he drank swallow after swallow of this liquid fire.(12) He took a deep breath and a swallow of water from his mug.(13) Thilda shrugged her shoulders and took a swallow of her mead.(14) So I swallow hard and silently root for a split decision.(15) he downed his drink in one swallow(16) Because you have bitter taste receptors at the back of your mouth and the top of your throat, you should swallow the beer.
(1) to swallow :: a inghiti
(2) swallow it :: inghite
(3) swallow up :: înghiți
(4) swallow down :: înghiți în jos
(5) swallow whole :: înghiți întregi
(6) barn swallow :: hambar Swallow
(7) bitter pill to swallow :: greu de înghițit
1. drink ::
2. sup ::
3. eat ::
4. tolerate ::
5. believe ::
6. restrain ::
7. eat up ::
mânca în întregime
8. accept ::
9. get down ::
10. take back ::
swallow, swallowed, swallowing, swallows
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He made him SWALLOW all the coins
he had skimmed, one by one,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
The ocean has come to SWALLOW this place.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
will SWALLOW the sun.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
it hurts to SWALLOW,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
...my mother will SWALLOW her whole
and spit out her bones like an owl.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
English to Romanian Dictionary: swallow
Meaning and definitions of swallow, translation in Romanian
language for swallow with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of swallow in Romanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'swallow'
What swallow means in Romanian, swallow meaning
in Romanian, swallow
definition, examples and pronunciation
of swallow in Romanian language.